Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tile Shopping & Inspiration, Part 2 - Week 18, Monday

Today I took my lunch break to shop for tile. I went to a few different stores recommended by Oliver and found the best help and selection at CFM. It was a very productive session and I took a lot of pictures of finishes I like to show Riley. He is out of town, so this way I can show him the photos of the ones I like and do the final selections when he gets home.
Here are some of the materials I like:
Cool honeycomb subway tile

Cream colored Natural Stone

Love this rounded marble mosaic from Tierra Sol! I would like to use these for the basement bathroom shower floor or backsplash.

Smooth, porcelain tiles with tonal grain pattern. These could be neat in a shower

Grasscloth textured tiles. Possibly good for bathroom flooring?
More of the Grasscloth tile

Beautiful striped marble tile. This could be great in the master for a more modern take on marble.

Another marble mosaic option.

Traditional black & white hex tiles in a few sizes.

Color options for the above tiles

More traditional hex and mosaic options from Oregon Tile.

Larger scale hex tile,. I think this was 4"? I like the large scale hex a lot. It seems to be hard to find in anything other than white though!

Example of the Savoy tile above installed in a bathroom.

Color options for the 4" hex...kinda boring!

Penny tile! Love these. I am definitely going to put this somewhere, probably in the basement bathroom shower.

Close up of some of the colors I like.

Really neat gray and white marble, possibly an option to Carrara for the master bath.

Traditional white subway tiles.

Little hex tiles in fun colors!

Textured marble mosaic. All the pieces stick out slightly different amounts. I love the look, but cleaning this would be a nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment