Monday, March 12, 2012

Washer & Dryer - Week 21, Monday

We were on a roll this weekend. All sorts of decisions being made! We decided to go with oil rubbed bronze door hinges and knobs throughout the house and last night we power-shopped for our washer/dryer set up. Sears was having a friends and family additional 15% off sale prices last night so we had to take advantage. After doing some online research and talking with the salespeople at Sears, we decided to go with a Samsung set. We got a great deal on the mid-range Samsung Steam washer & dryer set in white. It's amazing the technology they put into these things now. Riley asked me last night if we needed the steam version or if we just wanted to get the regular one. My response, "I don't know if I need it, I've never used one with steam? I might have been needing it for years and never known it..."
Here they are:
Samsung, 3.7 cubic feet, Steam Washer

Samsung, 7.3 cubic feet, Steam Electric Dryer

This was my first time having a choice of washer and dryer. In the past, we've either inherited ones with the house or been in rentals. To be perfectly honest, all the buttons and computer boards in there make me really nervous. It just looks like more things to break or malfunction. I really would have preferred a simple knob with the pull/push on off, but that just didn't seem to be an option with the front loaders. Everyone has gone hi-tech!
We decided to give it a go and I hope these things have the most amazing cleaning power I have ever experienced! I will write a follow-up once we get them installed and I have a chance to use them for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment